Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Cell phone isn't a mouse

I have never BLOGGED before this class. I only use a laptop a few times a year with my class if we can't get into the regular lab. I won't bore you with all the details, but the title I chose for this blog is significant.

I have found several things in the book, Suddenly They Heard Footsteps, that I can use in my Theatre II class next year. The most intriguing things in the book, so far, is the story stick and the story bee he discusses in the third chapter. I am going to try this concept with my students. I was glad he provided several websites to use for more information. I’m an old fashioned teacher; my book is filling up with color coded highlights and notes in the margin. I’m not sure what to blog. I do want to share something that happened last night. I read Josh’s blog and was working on a list of maxims I have heard and said all my life. My mom called and after we had talked for a few minutes, I asked her if she remembered any. She did, of course, and as I began writing them down, her land line rang and she let me go. A couple of hours later she called me back and shared the best of the dozens my little sister and her had recalled wrapped in the sweet memories of those who said them the most. We laughed and cried remembering how Tymon would come in and see mom at the start of allergy season or if she was tired or sick and say, “Your eyes look like to fried eggs in a slop bucket.” and how in the last days of his life all he wanted was a piece of my mom’s peanut butter fudge. My sister called this morning - today is a tough day - TETC (to emotional to continue).et into the regular lab. I won't bore you with the details, but let it suffice to say the title of this blog entry is significant.

No comments: